Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing # 22 - Ning, nang, and ping

I have been a member of both the TeacherLibrarian Ning and the TexasSchoolLibrarians Ning for at least a year, so I know a good bit about them. I think that Nings are a wonderful way to collaborate with others in your profession from all over the world. When the last Harry Potter book came out, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the TeacherLibrarian Ning had a discussion group totally devoted to discussing the book and the ending of the series. It was awesome! I got to share my ideas and thoughts about the book with librarians all over the world and read what they thought about the book! The Teacher Ning was great, I liked that it was split by grade levels and that you could join discussions that directly related to problems and ideas that you would deal with on a daily basis.

For me Nings are a wonderful example of the potential collaboration that the web currently offers! I am SOOOOOOO glad I live in today technological revolution ---- what a great time to be a teacher and a librarian!

No comments: