Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing # 19 - And the award goes to.......

There were so many options!!! It was really hard to choose, but since I have done a lot with podcasting I picked Odeo to explore first. It is a site where you can store a list of podcasts for future listening and search other podcasts to find ones you want to hear. You had to register, it was free, but you did need to sign up. I thought at first that I would be able to upload podcasts I had created there, but for that they suggest you use one of two sites where you can upload and save your podcasts, so I went to Switchpod and registered for the free service that will allow you to upload 450 mb of audio files. Here is the link to my son's book review podcast that I uploaded;

Your podcast url:http://www.switchpod.com/users/philippi/Johnreview.wav

I also took a look at YourMinis, this site has a collection of Widgets that you can add to your blog, webpage, or Google page. It has everything from a weather widget, quote of the day, calendars, and even YouTube videos. I have just started playing with Widgets so this one was pretty fun for me!



I also looked at Farecast, a travel site. Our family goes to visit my inlaws twice a year and occasionally we do get a real family vacation, so this was a great site for me to keep an eye on the price of flights to New Jersey, and prices for Disney trips!

No comments: