Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing # 14 - Technorati

Okay, this was fun! I had played around in Technorati before and had even add a page element, but this time I went in and added a couple more Technorati widgets. I have played with widgets before, but this was way more fun than I had before using widgets. The widgets in Technorati that I used were the "Tag Cloud Favorites" and "Technorati Link Counts" these both keep you updated on the tags used in your blog, The "Technorati Link Counts" will display in REAL TIME the number of links from your blog (not that I expect many of those :). Anyway, it was a lot of fun using the widgets but it's even more fun learning about tagging and using tags to identify things on the Web. I knew about tagging before I did this blog, but I have since had to learn to use them with my work. Before I just thought of tags as a way to identify material for my searches, or identifiers to use when searching, now I have to "tag" my self and that's a whole new ballgame! So happy tagging everyone!



Liz's Bytes

No comments: