Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing # 15 - Library 2.0oooooooooo

In the office that I work in I have heard about Library 2.0 and Web 2.0 for at least the past 5 years! This is primarily because I have the kind of boss who is a "visionary" and a great "leader", so we are always (or at least trying) to keep up with the newest developments in libraries, school libraries, and technology. After reading the articles on Library 2.0 I can honestly say I knew a lot of what they were talking about, but there is still so much out there to learn! I was especially intrigued by the metadata ideas and the new browers that allow your library catalog to behave like Google and the thought of sharing materials world wide via the Open WorldCat Project.
I guess the bottom line is that in the Mid life of my career I feel like I am sitting on the edge of a whole new school library world! I am so glad that I have gotten to see this door open and that I have the opportunity to experience it! What a wonderful gift to the world of education and libraries!!! And to quote a popular song, "the future is so bright(for libraries) I've gotta wear shades".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love WorldCat already..i will have to investigate further! :-)