Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tag and YOU ARE it!

Okay, this "thing" is about tagging and del.icio.us I downloaded the del.icio.us link and bookmarking tag on my computer, but unfortunately the laptop is fried! My biggest problem now is finding a way to load it on to the laptop I am using. This is a problem for me, I love the idea of saving all of my bookmarks in one place and being able to access them by logging into del.icio.us, but I would LOVE to have it on all the computers I use!!!
Anyway, I am a big fan of tagging and I really have gotten a lot out of del.icio.us and the concept of tagging. I can see a real usage for schools in that if you tagged and created your list of bookmarks then you could use it in a classroom to direct students to specific sites for research. One thing I really LOVED about this exercise is discovering and using tag clouds! Tag clouds are awesome!!! I love the idea of teaching students to use tag clouds to help them narrow down and zero in on the specifics of a topic or to help them find the "heart" of what they want to their report on. I can really see some practical uses for this "thing"!

No comments: