Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing # 21 - Pods, casts, vods, and more!

I have been playing around with Podcasts and Vidoecasts for a couple of years now, and I believe that they have unlimited potential in the educational setting, especially in elementary! What a wonderful way for students to show what they have learned about a topic AND using technology for the final product!

Anyway, the thing about blogs and podcasts that is frustrating is that you can't directly load an audio file into a blog, so you have to have a place to host or keep your audio file or podcast, or you have to do a photostory. The file below is one I created when teaching a class on podcasts and videocasts, it is on the Alamo and instead of talking through the pictures I put in background music.

As a side note; in the previous "Thing" I did find a website that will "host" your podcasts and you can link from there, so there is a way to do it, it's just not easy!

Here is my pod/videocast:

No comments: