Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Things 1 & 2

Well I have kind of combined the first two things in this post. I have set up my blog and gone through the seven habits, and I think the habit that I struggled with the most is "setting up your tool box" I have lots of tool boxes both at home and at work, but at they the BEST tools for the job? I think this is a question I will need to ponder throughout this journey. Recently I heard a fellow educator say that although she had better tools at home for minor repair jobs, she often used the same pair of needle nosed pliers for everything because they were handy and familiar --- I think that I do the same thing with technology, I often use a familiar program to accomplish my tasks even though they are better tools out there to do the job just because it is handy and familiar. SO I think my goal with this "playground" is to find new tools for my "toolbox" and become familiar with them.
On to more fun!

Liz's library bytes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, using a new and better tool is one of my problems too. I like the old familiar, tried & true, method and don't always branch out to something new and probably better/easier! Maybe playing will make me upgrade!