Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #2 - Voice Thread, Animoto, and Bookr

Before doing this professional development I have used both Voice Thread and Animoto. I haven't created a Voice Thread but below is one that I really enjoyed.

Voice Thread on Teaching with Technology



Here is an Animoto that I created a couple of years ago when my son got a new puppy, it is still one of my favorites.


Both Voice Thread and Animoto are great tools for education! I have both used and seen them used for student projects, introducing a unit in a classroom, getting students interested in a topic, and as a way to summarize a classroom or student experience. I have seen an increase in the use of these image generators this year and I think that will only increase next year!

Bookr is a great tool for creating a product based on a topic or subject. I think this would be great for language arts projects because it would require the student to combine both images and words to create either something original or an interpretation of literature. I played around with creating one of my dogs(of course :) but couldn't get everything set up in Flikr right. I'll have to try this one again later!
LKP

2 comments:

VWB said...

Bookr uses pictures from Flickr...you can not upload you own into Bookr directly ..unless you upload them into Flickr and use a very unique tag!!

unless you found something new...

atxteacher said...

Great animoto. Such happy pictures of a boy and his puppy!