Library Byte by Byte is a blog about my adventures in the technology world!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #2 - Wordle and Wordshift




I played around with Wordle and made the one below using the student reflections from our Problem Based Learning Elem. Summer School pilot project. The result was interesting and very visually affective.






This is a great way for students to see the power of words and understand the connection between reading the words and visualizing the meaning of those words.




Then I played with Wordshift and used an Emma Goldman Speech on "What is Patriotism?". Here it is.


Both were easy to work with, and saving them was simple because I used PowerPoint and screen capture to save the image as a jpg and then uploaded it to here.
Both of these tools would wonderful for showing students the importance of words and how they interact together. Because both enlarge the words that are used most frequently they are a great way to visually analyze any passage from a book, famous speech, or even website content! Great tool!
LKP

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

I really liked both of these, too. I'm not sure that one is better than the other, but both are user-friendly and serve the same purpose. My kids are going to love them!